There are times when humanity is faced with situations that threaten to disrupt well being, economy and relationships at a level that make us feel powerless, restless and scared. But are we really powerless? What meaning do we give to these situations? I feel adversities are times when Nature gives us an opportunity to look deep within ourselves and understand the choices that we have been making for ourselves and the community at large. Most of us are so habituated to external stimulation for keeping us happy that times in isolation with ourselves seems scarily unthinkable. No wonder relationships get affected. The anger, fear, insecurities take a different shape on the outside, taking a toll on mental well being. But all this can be managed by correct self-management. This is when we must actually change the way we think and set ourselves free from the shackles of our mind. Nobody can snatch your happiness, peace and freedom if you do not allow it. Times of trials and tribulations are when the qualities of lesser ego (greed, fear, insecurities, foolishness, anger, etc) are meant to be shed in order to make way for the purer form of Unity Consciousness to awaken from within each of us. At the end of the day, we’re all one, having the same elements of Nature into our being. The sooner we realise this, the better it is for happiness of ourselves and for humanity at large. Adaptability is key. True wisdom lies in understanding exactly when to take a step back and make necessary changes in our behaviour.
Here I have tried to do my bit and enlist nine ways you can adopt to raise your vibration.
- 1) Take conscious steps to avoid the news, messages or discussions at home or workplace that tend towards uncertainty, fear and negativity. Energy flows where awareness goes. Be aware of where you invest your precious time and energy. If at all you cannot avoid them, try an exercise of being the quiet observer. You don’t need to participate in every discussion, right?
- 2) Maintain healthy emotional and mental boundaries. If something feels uncomfortable, gracefully remove yourself from the scene. And if you are the one who is spreading the negativity, take a step back and understand the reason why you’re doing this. Are you fearful? Are you always wanting to be in control? We all experience fear, that is normal. Just become aware of yourself and practice self-compassion. Do not fight the fear. The more you fight it, the more it will grip you. It is ok to be scared. Let the fear be. Just top it up with complete compassion for yourself. Observe your thoughts and feelings without attachment. Be disciplined enough to stop yourself from reacting. Imagine your mind is like the clear blue sky, your thoughts are like passing clouds. Tell yourself - This too shall pass.
- 3) Take out time for yourself. Alone. Balance yourself so that your relationships do not suffer. We all need time to reflect. To heal. This is it. Do it now. Look outside the window. As you wash your hands longer, watch your hands – the lines, the curves. Marvel at yourself. What an amazing creation you are!
- 4) Listen to some calming music – try 432 Hz, it works well. Even as I write this, one such piece is running in the background.
- 5) Switch to light Yoga, meditation and affirmative prayers as you visualize on scenes of harmony, prosperity, peace, light, joy and pleasantness.
- 6) Keep yourself hydrated and nourished. Whenever you eat, look at the food and say thanks. Before you drink that glass of water, bless it, thank it.
- 7) Every hour, spend a minute in front of the mirror. Look at yourself and smile. Yes, do it, even if it feels silly. Thank me later.
- 8) Start learning something you always wanted to all by yourself. Looking forward to the next version of yourself will act as your fuel. Get excited about knowing yourself a bit more.
- 9) Consciously practise being in the present moment. Breathe deep and express gratitude for the opportunity you have got to experience growth at your soul level. Make time for calling up friends and family and discuss about coping skills. How do they cope up? Through your imagination and prayers, send love and compassion to yourself, your family, friends, your neighbourhood, your city, your country, your world. The Universe.
We are all here to learn and grow. Let’s make the journey worthwhile. Let’s make our choices with compassionate wisdom and courage to overcome the tendencies of our lesser self. Let the Higher Self awaken. Humanity, this is your chance. Arise!