I am happy to step into the world of designing Colouring pages for adults with Zenthusiasm Colouring Pages!
To some, adult colouring is an unimaginable concept. I'm not surprised about that though. While children naturally enjoy colouring, somewhere along the journey of life, we gradually lose that imaginative spark and forget that there exists a child within us that's quite intelligent and needs to be nurtured. My motive is to facilitate adults to get back into the habit of colouring and help them experience the benefits of enhanced mindfulness and holistic well-being. Colouring provides the means to connect to our true, balanced, curious, exploratory self and gets us back into the groove after or during a tough day at work or stressful situations at home, and puts our mind in the right state as we begin our day in the morning.
Adults also feel a need to worry about perfection. How many times have you not tried doing something new, just because you think you're not good at it? Colouring pages give you the opportunity to be ok with the page not being "just rightly coloured" on your first (or second or third!) try. How long would you want to hold yourself back owing to the need for perfection? Not long, I'd presume. Colouring frees you to experiment with different colour schemes, different media, and different techniques. It's an opportunity to explore your creativity and have fun, knowing that you can print the page again if you have a new idea to colour or want to take your colouring in a different direction! Colouring truly helps you open up to creative thinking, i.e. becoming more aware of limitless possibilities and various perspectives in life!
But there's much more than just the fun to colouring. Let's talk about the benefits of colouring as a practice. I have seen a marked change in my personal way of being ever since I started creating more art. Clear thinking, self confidence, self acceptance, feeling mentally in control and physically better able to manage myself, to name a few. I started to design my own colouring pages and colour them in different ways. One day during one such activity, it came to me - Why not extend this beautiful self-care and self-awareness tool to others? Talk of creative thinking planting the right seeds at the right time :-)
Here are ten reasons why you should try colouring as a practice.
- The brain experiences relief by entering a meditative state which is called the state of flow. In neuroscience, flow is a state of full task engagement that is accompanied with low-levels of self-referential thinking. In simple words, you forget yourself, your worries and put the much-needed break on repeat thinking, overthinking and automatic thinking. How is this important? Because in a state of flow, your frontal lobe activity lessens considerably, resulting in you having control of how to respond to your thoughts and emotions rather than your thoughts and emotions controlling you. This results in clarity of thinking and solution-orientedness. Which means that even as you forget yourself, you're actually gaining control on yourself.
- Stress and anxiety levels are lowered, you start changing your emotional state from the heavier feelings to the ones that feel lighter.
You start feeling good that even starts to reflect in your outer appearance
- As the brain relaxes, you open your mind to positive possibilities rather than dwelling on negative thoughts
- Present moment awareness helps you achieve mindfulness, focus and an overall awareness of peace and feeling safe
- Unplugging from technology promotes self reliance from within instead of over-dependence on external sources and helps control consumption of information
- Colouring can be done by anyone, not just artists or creatives
- Colouring can be pursued as a hobby that can be taken with you wherever you go
- Confidence and self-esteem gets a boost as Dopamine, the reward hormone (a neurotransmitter) is released in your brain, when you create something unique every time you add colour in an otherwise blank page. Sometimes, a blank page is intimidating and you don't know what to draw. A colouring page helps you with a structure which you can build upon.
- A coherence between mind, body and spirit is established. Colouring helps you to increase self knowlegde, build self awareness, sharpen your intuition and trust yourself
- We all have an inner child within us. Getting in touch occasionally with this inner child is a healthy practice that helps maintain lightness and vitality in your life. That makes colouring a great way to play. However, if you’re someone who’s working on healing your inner child, releasing past trauma, or recovering from addiction, then through colouring, you can hold space for your inner child to feel heard and supported till the time you're ready to move to the next level of your self growth journey. Colouring also helps in times of grief when it is too hard to release feelings that cannot be always completely voiced in words
I truly hope and believe that with the help of practicing the art of colouring, you will enjoy your time as you delve deep into yourself and come face to face with the wonderful creation that you yourself are!
Coming to my colouring pages "Zenthusiasm", please note, since it is a digital printable product, it can be downloaded instantly into your device right after you make your purchase. Make sure to look for "Download file" link at the order confirmation page. Also do download your invoice from the same page.
To purchase, head over to my webstore here.
No hard copy will be shipped across to you.
It is strongly advised that you read through the Copyright policy and the Terms and Conditions of usage, so you are able to use them without any scope of infringement on your part - knowingly or unknowingly. You will find them here.
Feel free to share your finished works from this e-book with me at email@example.com. Do mention your social media name as well. I would love to see your work and with your consent I would love to share them tagging you in my social media handles for others to get inspired by your work :-)
Love & Light,